Between work, and the sun setting at 3pm, I haven't been super motivated to take a lot of pictures the last couple of weeks. And I certainly haven't been motivated to yell them into the void.
In my quest for budget baller-dom, I have picked up a budget baller sweet spot Porsche. This is a Porsche that is old enough to be cheap, but not so old that it starts getting expensive again. It is really fun.
Very fortunate to have taken charge of a Fuji GFX100S. I have missed medium format since I sold my Mamiya 7, so this is a very welcome addition to my arsenal.
Full disclosure: the only thing I don't love about living by the sea is being scared that I'll destroy my camera getting a photo that wasn't worth it. I love the good weather, and the bad weather.
Feeling a bit sick of going to Brighton and seeing and doing the same things so we went to London for the day.
Dan wanted another HMKB but they didn't have beige so he went for grey. It's surprisingly difficult to match a keycap set with a grey case.
I got a nice new lens and I've been borrowing a cool camera, but I haven't had a lot of time to use either.
Tabitha has been at PGL this week, so Charlotte and I went to Rye and Hastings for a few days.
Things that take four hours or more:
- writing an importer for WordPress blog posts that gets URLs from XML export, then scrapes those URLs because the site uses ACF and that's the only way to get rendered markup that is actually useful for importing into non-WordPress systems
- watching the classic 1999 movie The Matrix twice
- driving from Brighton to Birmingham
- two Formula One Grand Prix
- editing a 30 second video
- getting a terrible night's sleep
- implementing and debugging one single custom Google Analytics 4 event in Google Tag Manager when it fires fine in Tag Manager but Analytics is not picking it up, and even after four hours you're not really done you've just washed your hands of the entire thing because life's too short to deal with this absolute cesspit of a product. It literally isn't even fit for its own purpose and I am done interacting with it.
- watching a Best of Lee Mack compilation on YouYube, twice
The Merriam Webster site has a top lookups right now feature and it's hypnotising. When I looked just now, "lumber" was there for a good couple of minutes and I must know why.
Went back home to take my mum and aunt out for lunch to celebrate their very-much-deserved retirement. Nearly melted in our hotel room. Went to a beach, a car show, and had some ice cream.
The other day, a friend posted on Instagram about Cedars of Lebanon, and I'm still cross that Cedars of Lebanon isn't a post rock band in the vein of Red Sparowes or All We Expected. I'm disappointed in us.
I love this scene, and I really like my patch and pin badge. When I found out Adidas was making these Stan Smiths, and they actually looked good, I had to try and get a pair.
Tabitha and I went on the Flying Scotsman. I admired this train as a kid, and being able to see it up close, and ride on it was a weird dormant childhood dream to fulfil
I booked Monday off to recover from ArcTanGent, then forgot I'd done it and didn't realise until just before I left. Tabitha cycled; I skated.
It's another bullet point list. No point me typing this up again. I went in a camper this year, like a bougie jerk, and I am now spoiled. I will not camp as long as I have the choice - the whole weekend was so much better this year
When I get out of bed in the morning, I still anticipate a waggy dog waiting for me as I walk into the kitchen. When I reverse the car onto the drive, I still check for the dog in my mirrors.